Some faculty members have been asking questions about Switching to BB 9 and I wanted to share this information with everyone.
How will students know about the BB 9 upgrade?
- OIT has been communicating to Faculty and Student Senate about the BB 9 upgrade
- Announcements have been made inside blueView and OIT websites
- Switch to BB 9 Posters have been placed by copiers
- All incoming freshman have been informed about the BB 9 upgrade
- On August 15th when faculty and students log into blueView and click on the Blackboard icon, they will be directed to the BB Splash page with links to BB 8 (old) and BB 9 (new)
- It is suggested Faculty state the Blackboard system you are using
How do I know whether any given course is in BB 8 or BB 9?
- All courses are in Blackboard 8 and 9 currently
- As of May 31, 2013 courses will only be available in BB 9
Is there any harm in leaving courses inside BB 8 for now?
- There is no harm in leaving your courses inside BB 8, but do not forget to make sure that you have enough time to move and review the courses in to BB 9
I want to move over a course that does not exist yet inside BB 9, how do I do this?
- Email Suzanne Hess at firstname.lastname@example.org to create an empty course inside BB 9 system
- Once the course is created, you can import all the content materials inside the course
Does it make sense to move over all the courses now, or can I move them over when I teach them?
- Faculty can move over courses now and through May 31, 2013
- After May 31, 2013, BB 8 system will be not accessible
- It may be easier to move all the courses over at one time to avoid having to work in 2 BB systems during the school year
- Make sure you give yourself enough time to move and review the content in the new BB 9 system
Please email Suzanne Hess with any further Blackboard questions.